Articles Rev. 1.06 dated 20th August 2007
Articles Rev 1.07 dated 24th March 2015
To create a voluntary association of art and craft persons who live or trade in Montgomeryshire and the surrounding area.
· To promote the image and commercial interests of the members
· To encourage inter-business co-operation amongst the members
· To provide an opportunity to market in a united manner
· To invite ‘experts’ and ‘specialists’ to advise members on relevant topics of interest when appropriate
· To provide support to members
1. Partnerships paying for more than one member receive one vote per paid up member, joint memberships (two or more persons paying only one membership between them) receive one vote
2. Membership is open to any art or craft person living or trading within the defined area
3. The goods in which the member trades must be produced by that member
4. The committee shall have the right to refuse membership, or exclude an existing member, if they feel that either of clauses 2 and 3 is not being adhered to
5. Only fully paid up members are entitled to vote
We permit associate memberships from Arts and Crafts persons not meeting the defined area regulations under the following conditions:
1. The person must be sponsored by an existing full member who shall ensure that the person either has their own insurance or joins the Valley Arts and Crafts scheme if they wish to sell their goods through the shop
2. The person’s craft must not directly conflict with that of an existing member without that members permission
3. The person can only be accepted by majority vote at the next Valley Arts and Crafts meeting
4. Any goods to be sold under the Valley Arts and Crafts banner will be vetted by the committee
5. The person will pay the full normal membership fee and, where appropriate, the full insurance fee
6. The person will have the right to attend meetings but will not have voting rights
7. The person’s membership will have to be re-applied for at, or after, each AGM
8. There will be no automatic right to an entry on the Valley Arts and Crafts web site, nor in any other publicity material. These can be negotiated with the committee
To be agreed at the Annual General Meeting. Renewable within one calendar month following the meeting.
The main committee to comprise of:
• Vice Chairperson
• Assistant Secretary
• Press Secretary
• Assistant Webmaster
Elections to be held at the Annual General Meeting, in the event of a casual vacancy an election will be held any other quorate meetings should the need arise.
• All members are entitled to attend and vote at all meetings
• Organise at least 4 meetings a year (one of which will be an Annual General Meeting)
• Venue and date of next meeting to be agreed at the preceding meeting.
• 20% of registered voting members shall form a quorum
• The committee may call extra and extraordinary meetings as they think fit.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
All members will be informed of the date of the Annual General Meeting 14 days prior to the date of the meeting.
CONTENTS OF MEETINGS
• To be agreed by the executives and shown in a written agenda which shall be available at the beginning of a meeting
• Members may add points to the Agenda up to 48 hours before the meeting.
• The Treasurer to maintain records using appropriate book-keeping
• There will be three signatories for the chequebook. Any 2 signatures required for each cheque
• Prior to the Annual General Meeting copies of the Income and Expenditure accounts to be available on request from the Treasurer
All matters discussed and decisions reached are to be recorded by the Secretary. These records to be confirmed as true by the members at the following meeting, and signed as such by the Chairperson
VARIATION TO THE ABOVE ARTICLES
At the Annual General Meeting, or Extra Ordinary AGM, a proposal can (should) be put forward at least 14 days before the AGM, or EOAGM to amend these articles. Any decisions approved will be by majority decision of voting members present so long as they are quorate
The chairperson has the casting vote on all occasions when the voting is equal, except when numbers do not come up to a quorum
DISSOLUTION OF THE ASSOCIATION
Dissolution of the Association may only be approved at the Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary AGM by majority decision of voting members present, so long as they are quorate. Any monies remaining, after all commitments are settled, will go to whichever charity is nominated at the Annual General Meeting preceding the meeting at which the dissolution is decided. The outgoing Chairperson and Treasurer shall take responsibility for overseeing the closure of Bank Accounts and dispersal of funds
Terms and Conditions for Valley Arts & Crafts Gallery / Shop
Rev/ 1.04 7th February 2009
Rev. 1.05 24th March 2015
Rev. 1.06 21st March 2018
Rev. 1.07 20th March 2019
The gallery and shop exists for the benefit of VAC members to display and sell their work but, to run successfully some rules have to be applied.
If you wish to display and sell your goods in the Gallery and Shop you may do so under the following conditions
These conditions apply to all VAC Members and Associates
- The goods must be of your own manufacture.
- The goods must confirm to Powys Trading Standards.
- The goods must be acceptable to the majority of the shop volunteers.
- The goods must be priced and labelled with a 2 letter code that is unique to you. This code will be given to you by the Treasurer.
- Goods that are not priced and correctly coded, or are in any other way deemed unsuitable for display, will not be accepted.
- Paintings, prints and photographs that will be hung up for display must be strung so that they can hang safely and securely. A generic labelling system will be used for display alongside the work, but all work must be marked on the back with the following information - Title, Medium, Price and Shop Code.
- You are advised to keep a record of the work you leave, for your own information.
- The goods are left at your own risk.
- The committee members will display whatever quantity of the goods they see fit, and in the manner they see fit.
- The shop duty volunteer (where possible) will ensure that the shelves are restocked from the storage facility under the shelves as and when required.
- The shop duty volunteer will ensure that sales of your goods are correctly entered into the till and a brief description entered on the daily sale sheet.
- 30% of the sales value of your goods will go into the shop fund. For each day a volunteer works in the shop, they will receive a 1% rebate on the 30% commission, i.e. if 30 days are worked, then no commission is payable. Refund of any commission will be paid at the end of the season, after the shop has closed.
- If after a period of two years any of your items have not sold you will be asked to change them. This does not mean that they cannot be brought back at a later date.
- The shop is not a storage facility for members’ goods - a reasonable amount of reserve stock will be accepted and stored under the shelving unit in boxes.
- Moneys due will be available in the shop as soon as possible after the end of the calendar month.
- These conditions are not negotiable.
Appendix A to Valley Arts and Crafts Terms and Conditions
Version 1 – 20th March 2019
Definition of Product Liability –
“Product Liability refers to a manufacturer or seller being held liable for placing a defective product into the hands of a consumer. Responsibility for a product defect that causes injury lies with all sellers of the product who are in the distribution chain”.