Articles Rev. 1.06 dated 20th August 2007
Articles Rev 1.07 dated 24th March 2015
To create a voluntary association of art and craft persons who live or trade in Montgomeryshire and the surrounding area.
· To promote the image and commercial interests of the members
· To encourage inter-business co-operation amongst the members
· To provide an opportunity to market in a united manner
· To invite ‘experts’ and ‘specialists’ to advise members on relevant topics of interest when appropriate
· To provide support to members
1. Partnerships paying for more than one member receive one vote per paid up member, joint memberships (two or more persons paying only one membership between them) receive one vote
2. Membership is open to any art or craft person living or trading within the defined area
3. The goods in which the member trades must be produced by that member
4. The committee shall have the right to refuse membership, or exclude an existing member, if they feel that either of clauses 2 and 3 is not being adhered to
5. Only fully paid up members are entitled to vote
We permit associate memberships from Arts and Crafts persons not meeting the defined area regulations under the following conditions:
1. The person must be sponsored by an existing full member who shall ensure that the person either has their own insurance or joins the Valley Arts and Crafts scheme if they wish to sell their goods through the shop
2. The person’s craft must not directly conflict with that of an existing member without that members permission
3. The person can only be accepted by majority vote at the next Valley Arts and Crafts meeting
4. Any goods to be sold under the Valley Arts and Crafts banner will be vetted by the committee
5. The person will pay the full normal membership fee and, where appropriate, the full insurance fee
6. The person will have the right to attend meetings but will not have voting rights
7. The person’s membership will have to be re-applied for at, or after, each AGM
8. There will be no automatic right to an entry on the Valley Arts and Crafts web site, nor in any other publicity material. These can be negotiated with the committee
To be agreed at the Annual General Meeting. Renewable within one calendar month following the meeting.
The main committee to comprise of:
• Vice Chairperson
• Assistant Secretary
• Press Secretary
• Assistant Webmaster
Elections to be held at the Annual General Meeting, in the event of a casual vacancy an election will be held any other quorate meetings should the need arise.
• All members are entitled to attend and vote at all meetings
• Organise at least 4 meetings a year (one of which will be an Annual General Meeting)
• Venue and date of next meeting to be agreed at the preceding meeting.
• 20% of registered voting members shall form a quorum
• The committee may call extra and extraordinary meetings as they think fit.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
All members will be informed of the date of the Annual General Meeting 14 days prior to the date of the meeting.
CONTENTS OF MEETINGS
• To be agreed by the executives and shown in a written agenda which shall be available at the beginning of a meeting
• Members may add points to the Agenda up to 48 hours before the meeting.
• The Treasurer to maintain records using appropriate book-keeping
• There will be three signatories for the chequebook. Any 2 signatures required for each cheque
• Prior to the Annual General Meeting copies of the Income and Expenditure accounts to be available on request from the Treasurer
All matters discussed and decisions reached are to be recorded by the Secretary. These records to be confirmed as true by the members at the following meeting, and signed as such by the Chairperson
VARIATION TO THE ABOVE ARTICLES
At the Annual General Meeting, or Extra Ordinary AGM, a proposal can (should) be put forward at least 14 days before the AGM, or EOAGM to amend these articles. Any decisions approved will be by majority decision of voting members present so long as they are quorate
The chairperson has the casting vote on all occasions when the voting is equal, except when numbers do not come up to a quorum
DISSOLUTION OF THE ASSOCIATION
Dissolution of the Association may only be approved at the Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary AGM by majority decision of voting members present, so long as they are quorate. Any monies remaining, after all commitments are settled, will go to whichever charity is nominated at the Annual General Meeting preceding the meeting at which the dissolution is decided. The outgoing Chairperson and Treasurer shall take responsibility for overseeing the closure of Bank Accounts and dispersal of funds